Is game-day making you and your crew hungry????
Well, we have an excellent strategy that will have everyone enjoying a win, even if your team has less than a fulfilling day.
Here’s a roundup of 4 essential recipes that will calm and satisfy any fan base. Make all 4 recipes together and you have yourself a darn tasty partaaay!
Ridiculously Addictive Blue Cheese Chip
Let’s start with a game day MVP, the Blue Cheese Chip! This snack is ridiculously addictive and takes minimal effort to prepare. All you have to do is open a bag of crunchy kettle chips and whip up a fabulously thick blue cheese sauce (takes like 5 mins.), then a quick pop into the oven to toast it up… sprinkle with chives, and boom! Delicious game-day decadence!
Do yourself a favor, Make these. You and your guests will not care about the outcome of the game (much) when you pull this yummie, crunchy, saucy, cheesed chip out of the oven.
P.S. Add the bacon, it will change your life.
Ingredients (10 servings):
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces of blue cheese- 4 ounces small chunks at room temperature and 2 ounces in crumbles
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 10 ounces bag of kettle chips
- 1 bunch of green onion or 1 bunch of chives- chopped- optional
- 3 crispy bacon strips large crumbles
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Prepare the cheese sauce in a medium pan
- Melt butter
- Whisk the flour into the butter and cook on medium heat for 1 minute
- Add heavy cream and pepper
- Continue cooking and stirring constantly for 5 minutes
- Once at a thick consistency, turn heat to low and add blue cheese
- Melt until it is fully incorporated
- Take off heat
- Stir in cream cheese until incorporated into mixture
Spread a layer of your favorite kettle chips on an oven-safe platter that has depth (sides). Ladle the thick sauce over the chips, place another layer of chips over the already sauced layer and ladle the sauce on the new layer of chips. Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles and crumble the bacon over sauced chips. Turn the oven to broil for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is golden. For garnish and a fresh flavor, sprinkle chopped green onions or chives over the dish.
Behold, The Meatloaf Cupcake
Everything’s better in cupcake form, right? The best thing about the cupcake is that it is nice and portable, perfect for any tailgate situation. This next recipe is a savory, hearty and fun twist on two classics, meatloaf with mashed potatoes and… the cupcake, Sitting down to a giant plate of meatloaf and mashed potatoes may be too big a commitment on game-day but when it comes in the form of a little cupcake, everyone wins!
Ingredients (makes 24 cupcakes):
- 1 pound white button or cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cooked peas & carrots
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sauté mushrooms and onion in butter until onion is transparent
- Combine with breadcrumbs, thyme and parsley
- Lightly mix together the ground beef, eggs, salt, pepper and ketchup
- Pack the meat mixture 3/4 way up the lined muffin tin sections
- Bake in oven for one hour and 15 minutes
- Let stand for 10 min. to cool
- Frost the cupcakes with cooked mashed potatoes
- Top them with either peas and carrots, or bacon crumbs
Eggs and Chorizo Potato Bundles
“Want s’m eggs”? What was that? You may have slurred your words. Oh, I get it…some eggs! Yes, I don’t mind if I do! These hot bundles are great for early morning tailgates that turn to late nights. Eating one can sustain a serious reveler through a long day of fun. They are hearty, satisfying and ever-so portable.
Attach a fork and napkin to each for the complete turnkey experience. To keep warm, place the wrapped potatoes in a large soft cooler and set them right on the table. Unzip the top of the cooler when ready to serve and voila, it’s bundle time!
Ingredients (12 servings):
- 12 large baking potatoes, baked
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo, browned
- 1 16 ounce jar of salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Use a biscuit cutter to score a circle in the middle of the baked potato
- Use a paring knife to cut down into the potato
- Gently scoop out the insides with a spoon, leaving a ¼ inch layer of potato against the skin
- Avoid puncturing the bottom or slicing too deeply into the potato
- Mix the cooked chorizo, salsa and ¾ cup shredded cheese in a large bowl
- Fill each potato about three fourths full
- Crack an egg into a small bowl and pour the egg onto the top of each partially filled potato
- Repeat until all the baked potatoes are filled.
- Place the filled potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees or until the eggs are solid
- Wrap each potato in a 6 x 6-inch piece of foil
- Tie a disposable fork (I like the cute wooden forks purchased on etsy.com or at Target) and a napkin to each bundle with kitchen twine.
Grilled Corn, Bacon and Chipotle Dip
This is no run-of-the-mill dipping experience. There’s the smoky essence of the bacon and chipotle, but corn is the star of this dish, adding a pop of buttery, salty-sweet char. Make extra, because people will want more. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Ingredients (8-10 servings):
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pound bacon, cooked until crispy and diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced chipotle peppers with adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Heat grill to medium
- Once grill is heated, place the corn on the grill
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes on direct heat, turning frequently until the corn is charred on all sides
- Cool, then stand the cob in a large bowl and shave the kernels off with a large sharp knife
- Add the melted butter and stir to coat
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir well to combine
- Scoop dip into a serving dish
- Garnish with chives and serve
So, what are you waiting for? Hustle up!
Make these tasty recipes because it’s game-day and your people are hungry!